Monday, February 08, 2010

Branches on the Journey

As each day passes life is never the same again. new opportunities arise and present themselves - those who have gone before us forbears and children a like whisper call to us "Carpe Diem" - "Seize the day"- Gather the rosebuds while ye may - like the following scene from Dead Poets Society


What a reflection what a call to life, a call to live. I can hear Elijah say to me "seize the day Dad. seize the day". This is very reflective of these last 8 weeks. In short, my life has dramatically changed and it will never be the same again.

Part One. I received a text message on the 26th of November 2009. It was from a close brother I know from Church who lives in a in a seaside town 3 hours north of Christchurch. In the message he was asking for my assistance and sent me on some other texts outlining what he was asking me/inviting me to do. I was eager to know what the request was. I learned that it was a call from the Lord, the way of the cross. I was asked to contact a family L & M and their 10 month old daughter A. L had come to Christchurch to see the dr. She has some cancer (melanoma) removed from her body earlier in 2009, but after experiencing pain inher back and being put off by doctors in her town came to Christchurch to see and oncologist. In short she was told she had advanced cancer in her liver pancreas an other parts of her body, M and L learned that news and would I go and pray or at least make myself known as they did not have any family or extended family in Christchurch and so I said I would go and meet them and see from there. I went an met them an prayed with them and the journey began... one that would transform my life. On the second day I found myself saying "Lord I am not sure this is a call for me but, if you prompt me I will go and if I open my mouth, please fill it with words" Little did I know how much the Journey with Elijah was to have prepare me for this but I knew that he accompanied me on the Journey. It' late her in NZ and so I will need to continue.

Peace be with all readers of this blog and those whom they Love
Darren

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

::big big hugs::