Thursday, January 24, 2008

Soon it will be Elijah's 4th birthday - in fact it will be on February 7th - we plan to celebrate it in style with a party and cake. I so enjoyed watching Elijah on the video on the last post of his birthday I only dug this up recently and didn't realise that Julie had taken this footage. It's great to have this in a digital format. I am thankful everyday for the electronic medium and computers and this blog and Youtube that have enabled me to share with so many of you who read this blog and send messages of encouragement and love. I have a passion to share Elijah's story and journey as I know that there are so many more people who Elijah will touch.

He inspires me everyday some days I miss him so much and the pain is intense, other days I know that he is on the Journey with me, and where he is now I one day hope to be. He helps to keep my sights heavenward.

Francesca is doing well and likes to dance for Elijah when we are at the cemetery - we visit every few days and sing and so the sorts of things that 6 year girls like to do. Francesca has seen the videos that we have shown people of Elijah and so she asked if I could do one of her as well and so I set myself the task of producing a couple of movies of Francesca pictures and some of her favourite music these are also available on the Youtube site - www.youtube.com/dawg1467.

Well Elijah has his first mow last week - that is with the ride on mower at the cemetery. Could see the tyre marks. I don't think I have mentioned before that topsoil and grass was laid over Elijah's plot and so we have been nurturing the grass along as the weather has been hot. I keep the watering can in the car.

Well must run tonight - I leave you with a photo of Elijah in Akaroa this time last year.

Peace until next time. - Darren

1 comment:

lil 1/2 pint said...

Your birthday is a week before mine. My birthday is on the 15th. I will be 7.

I will think of you on your birthday and send lots of Angel love to you and your family.

Jade

http://bubbub.livejournal.com