Friday, September 05, 2008

August continued in September

I asked the Lord and I heard the words of my Father in heaven say deep into my spirit "I too know what it's like to watch my son suffer die, that he might rise to new life" This resounded in me - amidst my turmoil - my Father knew the pain knew the journey - he knows me and my son is more precious to Him than he is to me. This reminded me of this picture


The last thing I wanted to share is that in the last minutes of Elijah's life he sat in my arms surrounded by Julie, Francesca, our close friends Bernard and Andre'a R Miles and the medical staff. They turned off all monitoring equipment and over 30 minutes they turned down the ventilator keeping Elijah alive - in the last 10 minutes all we could do was pray as Elijah was preparing to go. When the machine was switched off - Elijah had breathed his last, and was not still. The medical staff removed the ventilator tube from his mouth and remove the tape from around his mouth and washed his face and removed the many connections he had. I stroked his hair and cradled his lifeless body close to me - I stood up from the chair and wrapped his arms around my neck - his head resting on my shoulder - this was one hug that he couldn't fight - into my mind came the maternal word's " I too held the body of my lifeless son" These were the words of Mary, mother of Jesus, Mother of God - I knew also that she was closed to me. This scene is so beautifully captured by the Pieta - by Michelangelo.


These days around leading up to and around Elijahs' death were a profound spiritual experience for me. Revelations of who God is and of his great love and care - the Heart of the Father.

Till soon
Peace
Darren

No comments: